Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 241 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:35 am
Latest topics
» hi hi hi hi hi
Yu-Gi-Oh! Basics Dictionary I_icon_minitimeby Kupo Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:11 pm

» Death's Dorm
Yu-Gi-Oh! Basics Dictionary I_icon_minitimeby !Death! Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:44 pm

» Creepy Deck Shop OF AWESUMENESS LOLS
Yu-Gi-Oh! Basics Dictionary I_icon_minitimeby !Death! Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:46 pm

» Dorm Leader
Yu-Gi-Oh! Basics Dictionary I_icon_minitimeby !Death! Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:20 am

» !Death!'s test results
Yu-Gi-Oh! Basics Dictionary I_icon_minitimeby Omega Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:57 am

» Madness's test results
Yu-Gi-Oh! Basics Dictionary I_icon_minitimeby Omega Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:04 am

» New member.
Yu-Gi-Oh! Basics Dictionary I_icon_minitimeby !Death! Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:20 am

Yu-Gi-Oh! Basics Dictionary

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
D.D. Eatos
Moderators
D.D. Eatos

<b>DevPro Username</b> DevPro Username : Asiansushiroll
<b>DN Username</b> DN Username : ! ! ! ! Fabled Asian
<b>Duel Points</b> Duel Points : 0
<b>Posts</b> Posts : 81
<b>Age</b> Age : 30
<b>Location</b> Location : Here
<b>Join date</b> Join date : 2013-03-14
No Warnings

Yu-Gi-Oh! Basics Dictionary Empty
PostSubject: Yu-Gi-Oh! Basics Dictionary   Yu-Gi-Oh! Basics Dictionary I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 10, 2013 2:16 am

This is an article to explain the terms used in Yu-Gi-Oh! Some basic some advanced. I'll update if you guys have some I need to include.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
Activation

Activating a card: Placing a Card from the hand on the Field and asking for a response.

Activating an effect: Selecting a card already in play or banished or in the grave and activating it.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________
"BKSS"

Because Konami Says So

Just a little thing people say, because they do not understand the rulings of texts and just goes along with the ruling because it is lawed by Konami themselves.

Chain

Chain: To activate a card in succession to another Card or Effect Activating. Happens after the opponent asks for a response.

"PST"

Problem Solving Text

Reprints/Change in Errata that makes Rulings more easier to understand for they will now state the obvious. There will be new specific text for each card.

Resolve

Resolve: Neither players could or want to respond to the last card in play and the Effect listed occurs

"SEGOC"

Simultaneous Effect Goes On Chain : The order in which 2 or more Trigger Effects activate at the same time.

Thats
just a little sample, my explaining sucks a bit I know, but tell me is
this useful? Especially to new players or those who are confused with
the wording on cards?

Sending

Discard, Destroy, and Mill are forms of "Send" to the Graveyard

Send to the Graveyard is not a form of Tribute, Discard, Destroy, or Mill to the Graveyard

Special Summoning

Synchro, Fusion, Ritual, and Xyz Summons are Forms of Special Summon

But a Special Summon is not a Synchro, Fusion, Ritual, or Xyz Summon

Summons

Normal Summon ≠ Flip Summon

A Flip Summon is a form of a FLIP, but a FLIP is not a form of a Flip Summon

Summon ≠ FLIP (Flipped Face-up)

Target

Targeting:
Happens after activation of an effect or card, but before asking a
response. Select a Target whether it is from Field or Graveyard or
Banish

"...,then..."

An effect that follows after the first effect was able to correctly resolve, but will not occur at the same time.
Back to top Go down
http://digitalmasters.4umotion.com

Yu-Gi-Oh! Basics Dictionary

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Courtyard :: Lessons :: Rulings-