Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 241 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:35 am
Latest topics
» hi hi hi hi hi
Spell cards and Trap cards I_icon_minitimeby Kupo Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:11 pm

» Death's Dorm
Spell cards and Trap cards I_icon_minitimeby !Death! Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:44 pm

» Creepy Deck Shop OF AWESUMENESS LOLS
Spell cards and Trap cards I_icon_minitimeby !Death! Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:46 pm

» Dorm Leader
Spell cards and Trap cards I_icon_minitimeby !Death! Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:20 am

» !Death!'s test results
Spell cards and Trap cards I_icon_minitimeby Omega Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:57 am

» Madness's test results
Spell cards and Trap cards I_icon_minitimeby Omega Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:04 am

» New member.
Spell cards and Trap cards I_icon_minitimeby !Death! Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:20 am

Spell cards and Trap cards

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cheesfactory
Chaos Hero
cheesfactory

<b>DN Username</b> DN Username : cheesfactory
<b>Duel Points</b> Duel Points : 1450
<b>Posts</b> Posts : 220
<b>Age</b> Age : 27
<b>Location</b> Location : California
<b>Join date</b> Join date : 2012-07-30
No Warnings

Spell cards and Trap cards Empty
PostSubject: Spell cards and Trap cards   Spell cards and Trap cards I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 6:41 pm

For today I will be going over spell cards and trap cards, how they work, the different types, and such. Tomorrow I plan on doing a basic yugioh general rules thing and then on saturday i will discuss chains. After that i will give a simple deck structure outline to help for deck building, and then after that I will go into details of various things. If you have anything you would like to hear about please tell me Smile

Without further ado:

A little blurb in case anyone is unaware. Costs. Most cards with effects have a cost, even if it isnt something you have to pay. When activating a card with a cost, you fulfill the cost before asking for a response. If your opponent then negates your card, the cost is still payed, and you do not get to undo it, be it lifepoints for Solemn or whatever. You know if a card has a cost in a few ways. If it says something like Discard 1 card. and the text is followed by a period(.) then that is the cost. The most common ways a cost is written is with a semi-colon(Wink In those cases, whatever is listed before the semi-colon is the cost, what is listed after is the effect.

Spell cards. There are 5 kinds of spell cards. Normal spells, Continuous spells, quickplay spells, field spells, and equip spells.

Normal spell cards. A normal spell card is pretty basic. You pay any mentioned costs, activate the effect, and it goes off. Normal spells can be activated the turn they are set.

Continuous spell cards. A continuous spell is as a normal spell card. However, it does not go to the graveyard after being activated. It instead remains face-up until destroyed. A continuous spell MUST be face-up on the field for any of its effects to activate and resolve. This means that if a mystical space typhoon or dust tornado is chained to a continuous spell card, the card will not activate. This is one of the only times MST can be chained to negate an effect. A continuous spell card can be activated the turn it is set.

Quickplay spell cards. A quickplay spell card is the same as a normal spell card. However, a quickplay spell card has a spell-speed of 2. This means it can be activated during chain, as well as during any phase in any players turn. A quickplay spell card CANNOT be activated the turn it is set.

Field spell cards. When a field spell card is activated it does not go into the 5 S/T zones. instead it does into its own field card zone. A field spell card is otherwise the same as a continuous spell card, and so is vulnerable to MST. Therefore, if Magical citadel is activated and mst chained, the citadel would be destroyed without gaining the counter from MST.

Equip Spell cards. An equip spell is as a continuous spell, however it also equips to a monster. The equip choice can be any monster that is viable, regardless of which side of the field it is on. If an equipped monster leaves the field or is flipped face-down the equip card is sent to the grave without being destroyed. Also note, if a monster is destroyed by battle while equipped by a card; the equipped card is sent to the grave AFTER the monster. Therefore cards like dragunity aklys, or inzektor dragonfly eff to summon, would not activate.

On to trap cards!

Trap cards are all spell-speed 2 or higher. Therefore they can be activated at any phase, during either players turn.
Trap cards come in Normal traps, continuous traps, and counter traps.

Normal traps. A normal trap is as a normal spell, however it is speed 2 and cannot be activated the turn it is set.

Continuous traps. A continuous trap is as a continuous spell, albeit it is speed 2 and cannot be activated the turn it is set. A continuous trap is also vulnerable to MST. therefore is mst is chained to Royal decree; no traps in the chain will be negated.

Counter traps. Counter traps are VERY special. As the only card with a spell speed of 3, only other counter traps can be chained to them! they can also be activated during the damage step(more on that later). Apart from those key pieces they are the same as normal traps.

I hope this was enjoyable, and worth the time reading Smile

Thanks for checking it out ^^
Back to top Go down

Spell cards and Trap cards

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1