Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 241 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:35 am
Latest topics
» hi hi hi hi hi
A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck I_icon_minitimeby Kupo Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:11 pm

» Death's Dorm
A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck I_icon_minitimeby !Death! Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:44 pm

» Creepy Deck Shop OF AWESUMENESS LOLS
A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck I_icon_minitimeby !Death! Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:46 pm

» Dorm Leader
A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck I_icon_minitimeby !Death! Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:20 am

» !Death!'s test results
A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck I_icon_minitimeby Omega Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:57 am

» Madness's test results
A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck I_icon_minitimeby Omega Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:04 am

» New member.
A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck I_icon_minitimeby !Death! Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:20 am

A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cheesfactory
Chaos Hero
cheesfactory

<b>DN Username</b> DN Username : cheesfactory
<b>Duel Points</b> Duel Points : 1450
<b>Posts</b> Posts : 220
<b>Age</b> Age : 27
<b>Location</b> Location : California
<b>Join date</b> Join date : 2012-07-30
No Warnings

A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck Empty
PostSubject: A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck   A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 6:08 pm

The whole purpose of this theory is to make yugioh more skill based and less luck based. Lots of cards that allow topdeck WIN are taken out. Cards that let you come back on their own taken out. Cards that on their own will make any hand good, are taken out.

Why a card on this list is banned: Banned because on its own it makes a hand good, or you can topdeck it and instantly have a huge advantage over your opponent, or because it is an insanely good card that is just splash in. aka BLS, not something anyone can search, but if i happen to get it BOOM great. not remotely based around a reliable deck, but something you throw in for a free topdeck win card.
Why a card on this list is limited: A card is limited because its a utility card, for example ROTA. at 3 it would allow warrior decks to have a low count on each monster and rely on rota for getting what you need. at 1, it is a card that can be used for multiple situations and search out what you need. Its utility, not game changing. Also, traps were because with heavy storm gone you do need compensation so people cant just set 5 pass every turn.
Semi-Limited: reasons are similar to limited, on unlimited its either because where the card currently is its pointless, it has on reason to be where it is, or because(for pot) it is not ridic good with a lot of the 1card crazyness gone, it helps consistency in a deck. consistency. that revolves around skill. A consistent deck is a deck that will do what its supposed to, and from there i can play it to what it needs. In other words, rather than "i hope i draw X" its, "well this deck does X, Y, and Z reliably, so i can be sure to get what will help(but not break the game on its own).

Forbidden:
Spoiler:

Limited:
Spoiler:

Semi-Limited:
Spoiler:

Unlimited:
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
cheesfactory
Chaos Hero
cheesfactory

No Warnings

PostSubject: Re: A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck   A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 6:15 pm

Ofcourse there are some decks I am yet to look at, and of course any cards unmentioned stay where they currently are. when looking at this list assume divine judgment will never be heard of again in the world of yugioh. I havnt looked at lswams or constellars, which i do think are really strong decks. lswarms lose a play with rabbit gone, but are ofcourse a viable deck. Both of these will need to be looked at, but they happen to be in the small list of decks ive never played(nor do i think has twi who i made the list with) so its not in the banlist.

If you want to play me with these restrictions, duels will be TCG only(due to the fact that not all ocg cards are released, and therefore unaffected by this banlist). Other than that im happy to play!
Back to top Go down
mouzou
Evil Hero
mouzou

<b>DevPro Username</b> DevPro Username : mouzou
<b>DN Username</b> DN Username : mouzou
<b>Duel Points</b> Duel Points : 380
<b>Posts</b> Posts : 401
<b>Age</b> Age : 26
<b>Join date</b> Join date : 2012-10-06
No Warnings

PostSubject: Re: A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck   A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 1:17 pm

forbidden:
u want to kill wind-up 100% ??!!
if u cant beat the deck deal with it , konami need to semi-limit mag to slow the deck down a bit this all and gateway/honest not that broken sence gateway only work with samurai who are tier 2 decks and we bearley see it anyway and honest work with light decks sence it is a nice card limited is fine no need to change and for dragonfly inzektors already so slow in this format dont make them even slower and heavy/dark hole/monster reborn/ BLs all awesome cards if u are afraid of ur opponent usnig them set starlight or dark bribe to kill them :O and borken cards are part of the game and it always nice to draw them and why offering ? we bearly see it in this time and same for limeter removal and why u are after wabbit ? it is a nice card and it is a main reason for meta decks what for real fun to use and same competitve and sorcer is already limited dont kill the chaos , i agree about hand destruction so

limited :
as i said mag should be semi-limited with shark and not limited and for assault of fire kings it well be impossible to get hit sence konami want money from the deck and well keep it and sence it mostly used it in only fire kings not that broken maybe the 2700 att monster should be hit in the future
i agrre on genex undine
trishula never so broken xD and for the taps they are nice stall that need to be keeping

semi-limited :
DAD never so broken same for the BW spell , factory yeah can be semi-limited and for fire king monster same draggons yes but diva no and for tenki limited in the future

unlimited :
the first 2 yeah they are not that broken(from my point of view) but duality no stay semi-limited

the fact that konami actually balancing the game atm as possible but what u want to say stop competitve play and play just for fun and this ban list of yours kill all meta and stay with old decks and make them meta like BW...
if u dislike meta dont play the game it is simple as that , i am a fan of meta and really enjoy playing it and sence it look u dont then deal with it >.>
i did watch you duel before and u are more like fun playing then competitve this why u made this ban list u didnt balance the game at all u only kill it and with it hero well be the best deck in the game(it already one of the best)
and for real wind-up need big skill to use it not easy as everyone think
it is one of the most twisted decks in the game u need to know how to go big even if u didnt start with a nice hand and this ban list of yours kill skill too sence meta not that easy to use need so much skill
Back to top Go down
cheesfactory
Chaos Hero
cheesfactory

No Warnings

PostSubject: Re: A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck   A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 6:32 pm

not sure you know the difference between what i think is good, and what konami would actually do ;p OBVIOUSLY konami wont do all of this. thats ridiculous. I took into account only promoting skill, and not economy for konami.

No im not killing windups. I chose magician at 1 and untouched shark because i believe that is better for them, while still killing the combo. Yes its beatable, im not debating that. Im debating Skill vs Luck. Taking out auto-win combos that you can just happen to draw into is promoting skill over good topdecking. Windups wont die. Zenmaity is plus a billion and i feel should be gone. Magician at 1 leaves it usable(searchable by sangan AND factory) but stops broken combos. Shark at 3 definitely keeps the deck live.

Gateway is because its a luck-factor card. unsearchable and can basically win a game on its own. If a sixsam player opens gateway he will win like 99% of the time. its not about how good sixsams are, its about improving skill and decreasing luck.

Honest is just a ridiculously good card. It could be left at 1 and that would probably be fine, but i simply dont like the idea behind it. its ridiculously splashable as well.

Dragonfly is being banned because its a +4 on its own, WITHOUT a sword/giga mantis in hand, in which case it becomes more like +10 and an otk.

Dark/Reborn/Heavy are being banned because they promote luck over skill. its purely do i draw this at a good time or do i not. at worst darkhole is a soultaker without the LP giving. I think the idea that "oh you should maindeck starlight JUST IN CASE you happen to have it right before your opponent drops heavy is stupid. its a pure luck dynamic that can force decks to run a card that will be dead if its drawn late or if heavy is never drawn. "its always nice to draw them" thats the WHOLE POINT. its always good. no matter what. its a card that if i draw im in a good spot ALWAYS.

BLS is card that if you draw you win. literally. if its lategame and you topdeck it you WILL win that game. if you open it, then it turns early OTKs before your opponent setup into stupidly ez to do.

Offering is a luck card. stupidly good in madolche and gadget if its drawn. unsearchable, and basically a card that you run because "if i draw it I win" mostly. As ive reiterated many times in this post, THIS BANLIST IS TO REMOVE LUCK FACTORS. thats why these cards are being hit like this.

Limiter is if i draw it i can otk. why should that be in the game Neutral its pure chance for a ridiculous win-factor.

Rabbit is broken. dont tell me macro rabbit isnt the best deck in the game. Not that its unbeatable, but your opponent has an advantage from the start just because hes playing macro rabbit. While its not quite tier0, its still ahead of the curve. And now that Lswarm rabbits are going to be coming out... no need to give them MORe stupidly good plays.

Sorc maybe. Undecided, but I think it should go. With DaD at 2, Chaos Dragons wont be dead(wouldnt be anyways) its a topdeck that can get you out of any big monster.

Onslaught is just insane. too versatile. either drop garnux to bomb fields or barong for searches or to trigger any fire king or for vayu turbo etc. its just too good, at 1(and notice its a card at 1 thats actually searchable, so still has use in consistency at 1) its a one time thing and keeps the game balanced.

Trish isnt actually that broken. Very few decks can get it out anyways, with Brio gone the loops for it are gone so it shouldnt be banned.

DAD at 2 to help teledad and chaos dragons. Its not like itll break the game or something anyways. itll support blackwings and inzektors, bwings kinda need it and inzektors are being hurt in this list anyways.

BWing searcher: why should it be at 1 and factory at 2 when factory is better? with offering gone you cant OTK with it anyways.

Diva is the tour guide of water decks, why should it be at 3 when tgu is at 2?

Tenki is at 2 because im trying to be careful without knowing how well fire fist/kings will do in future. its also not as splashable as rota.

Duality being put to 3 is sensible, its a card to help consistency. it also helps those decks who do not have searchers already, such as decks like disaster dragons who are not actually an archetype and so dont have a signature searcher. With card like reborn and BLS gone, it makes duality more of a hand correction card and less of an oh hey i just got a gamewinning card for free.

As for the traps, with Heavy banned you need to hurt backrow. I chose to hit the ones that + hugely or are just really good(warning). IMO torrential should never have been put to 2 anyways.
Back to top Go down
mouzou
Evil Hero
mouzou

No Warnings

PostSubject: Re: A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck   A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 4:31 am

not going to continue because this a redicualous talk , yugioh is all abut luck and this is riduculos , dont like them beat them or deal with them ur ban list dont balance the game it only kill the fun it and it is obvious u are ignoring ur favorite deck that is hero
Back to top Go down
Almighty Kidd

Almighty Kidd

<b>DevPro Username</b> DevPro Username : KidItachi
<b>DN Username</b> DN Username : KidItachi
<b>Duel Points</b> Duel Points : 3600
<b>Posts</b> Posts : 307
<b>Join date</b> Join date : 2012-10-09
No Warnings

PostSubject: Re: A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck   A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 5:45 pm

Finally! Someone that knows what there talking about here. Kudos to you, Mouzou Smile
Back to top Go down
http://dollars-bbs.org/
cheesfactory
Chaos Hero
cheesfactory

No Warnings

PostSubject: Re: A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck   A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 11:05 pm

o.o i dont even play heros... my only irl deck is chaos dragons... and im killing bls and sorc...
Back to top Go down
cheesfactory
Chaos Hero
cheesfactory

No Warnings

PostSubject: Re: A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck   A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 11:09 pm

I have to say... mouzou you said yugioh is about luck. then you said if you dont like something beat it. do you know what a contradiction is?
Back to top Go down
mouzou
Evil Hero
mouzou

No Warnings

PostSubject: Re: A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck   A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 3:44 am

if u dont like the deck deal with it dont go whining about
Back to top Go down
cheesfactory
Chaos Hero
cheesfactory

No Warnings

PostSubject: Re: A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck   A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 12:12 pm

not sure you know the definition of "whining" either ;P
Back to top Go down
mouzou
Evil Hero
mouzou

No Warnings

PostSubject: Re: A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck   A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 10, 2013 3:47 pm

my english kinda miss up xD
Back to top Go down
draco9696
Evil Hero
draco9696

<b>DevPro Username</b> DevPro Username : draco9696
<b>DN Username</b> DN Username : draco9696
<b>Duel Points</b> Duel Points : 520
<b>Posts</b> Posts : 158
<b>Location</b> Location : ottawa
<b>Join date</b> Join date : 2013-02-13
No Warnings

PostSubject: Re: A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck   A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 10:14 pm

though i really don't think they will be touching rekindling or any fire king card just yet, they want to make the most money possible before hand,
and also, no megalo? i would agree with most things you said though,( even if some i have no idea) but d-hole and heavy.. perhaps, i dont think so, but perhaps
Back to top Go down
http://zeroduelacademy.lolbb.com/
cheesfactory
Chaos Hero
cheesfactory

No Warnings

PostSubject: Re: A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck   A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 10:31 pm

as ive said multiple times, this banlist is unrelated to what konami would actually do :p
hitting megalo doesnt matter, most decks only run 2 anyways. im hitting the searcher so you cant toolbox it to your hand.
Back to top Go down
draco9696
Evil Hero
draco9696

<b>DevPro Username</b> DevPro Username : draco9696
<b>DN Username</b> DN Username : draco9696
<b>Duel Points</b> Duel Points : 520
<b>Posts</b> Posts : 158
<b>Location</b> Location : ottawa
<b>Join date</b> Join date : 2013-02-13
No Warnings

PostSubject: Re: A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck   A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 6:41 am

ooooooh, well i am sorry then, i failed to notice this detail.
Back to top Go down
http://zeroduelacademy.lolbb.com/
cheesfactory
Chaos Hero
cheesfactory

No Warnings

PostSubject: Re: A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck   A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:16 am

its fine Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck   A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A banlist to balance yugioh, and improve skill over luck

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1