Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 241 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:35 am
Latest topics
» hi hi hi hi hi
Who are you? I_icon_minitimeby Kupo Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:11 pm

» Death's Dorm
Who are you? I_icon_minitimeby !Death! Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:44 pm

» Creepy Deck Shop OF AWESUMENESS LOLS
Who are you? I_icon_minitimeby !Death! Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:46 pm

» Dorm Leader
Who are you? I_icon_minitimeby !Death! Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:20 am

» !Death!'s test results
Who are you? I_icon_minitimeby Omega Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:57 am

» Madness's test results
Who are you? I_icon_minitimeby Omega Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:04 am

» New member.
Who are you? I_icon_minitimeby !Death! Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:20 am

Who are you?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Omega
Chancellor
Chancellor
Omega

<b>DevPro Username</b> DevPro Username : -
<b>DN Username</b> DN Username : Death276
<b>Duel Points</b> Duel Points :
<b>Posts</b> Posts : 171
<b>Join date</b> Join date : 2012-07-29
No Warnings

Who are you? Empty
PostSubject: Who are you?   Who are you? I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 8:38 pm

The wind blows as we walk the sandy dunes our duel disks easily slicing through the wind. We walk north away from our old academy, away from the ruined Academy of the South. But my thoughts do not linger. I look down at the sand and try to distinguish where to go. The footsteps left behind by our headmaster are fading fast. He has gone ahead and left me to lead. I glance back and look at my fellow duelists. Some have been there since we began. Some joined as we traveled forward trying to find their way as well. The haunting question resurfaces. Why I am leading this group? There are some that are stronger, more experienced, and smarter than me. So why? I hear rapping from two duelists in the back and soon a third voice shouts about its disappointment in their merriment. I smile slightly waiting for the unavoidable verbal sparring bound to follow. Thank goodness for the newest tester. Many request duels as we walk and some are ignored while other begin to spar. I see one of our female duelist continuing forward while continual ignoring the hordes of boys annoying her. I glace sideways at another tester, always easy going but never too lax. I smile once more. I know why I lead. No matter what happens I will help them all. I look up at the blazing sun dimmed by the swirling sands. We may be wandering but we are not without a name. We are heroes, and we will move forward.

So who are you?
Tell me what makes you "you"
Write a story real or fake about who you are as a duelist.
Who knows you may learn more about youself from this than anyone else.

Last edited by Omega on Thu Oct 10, 2013 1:37 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : not a real good story but one I made... (hint 3: You are the only one who was near a perfect score))
Back to top Go down
mario782
Evil Hero
mario782

<b>DN Username</b> DN Username : mario782
<b>Duel Points</b> Duel Points : 900
<b>Posts</b> Posts : 29
<b>Age</b> Age : 27
<b>Location</b> Location : U.S.
No Warnings

Who are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who are you?   Who are you? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 30, 2012 5:07 pm

o.m.g.....that was so beautiful it almost made me cry, and i am being serious.But i'm not sured who i am in that whole speech, and i am curious..where do i fit in to those groups of ppl?..
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com
Hinata
Destiny Hero
Hinata

<b>DN Username</b> DN Username : pokemon lover ^-^
<b>Duel Points</b> Duel Points : 0
<b>Posts</b> Posts : 248
<b>Age</b> Age : 34
<b>Join date</b> Join date : 2012-07-30
No Warnings

Who are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who are you?   Who are you? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 7:27 am

XD lol mario
Back to top Go down
cheesfactory
Chaos Hero
cheesfactory

<b>DN Username</b> DN Username : cheesfactory
<b>Duel Points</b> Duel Points : 1450
<b>Posts</b> Posts : 220
<b>Location</b> Location : California
<b>Join date</b> Join date : 2012-07-30
No Warnings

Who are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who are you?   Who are you? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 6:12 pm

Sure, why not. I'll be for real. How did I get to be into Yu-Gi-Oh! ? Real life, no made up story.

Well... let's see...

First I was looking for something, ANYTHING to do. Basically I was depressed, addiction problems, crap going on, life going kinda poor. So i couldnt play SC2 when i was online, which is what id been doing 8 hours a day at least... hence the addiction problems :p. So I would search for anything, usually fire emblem videos. Then one day... yugioh deck profile on the side bar for youtube! i clicked it, interested. took a look, was reasonably interested, and started going from deck to deck on youtube just watching a million disaster dragon profiles. I found the online virtual dueler v9.0 and was like :O. so i made a deck that was some kind of REDD build and played my brother a few times. i pretty much always lost cause he had an irl deck and my deck was weak with inexperience. i started making more decks, and more, and more, and more. i found out about dueling network, took effort to learn EVERYTHING about yugioh. so now, before i deleted for the new banlist, i had almost 120 decks and i still know a lot about almost any archtype you could name. I also still love dragons <3 Very Happy.

And there you go. I know would consider myself one of the better at this academy and perhaps i could do ok at a YCS if i could afford cards. Guess we'll see ^^

TL;DR crap in life made me end up playing yugioh.

PS: great post omega :3
Back to top Go down
Galestream
Administrator
Galestream

<b>DN Username</b> DN Username : Dragonfire599
<b>Duel Points</b> Duel Points :
<b>Posts</b> Posts : 213
No Warnings

Who are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who are you?   Who are you? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 12:36 pm

Well i got sometime on my hands, guess i can make a story

To the discovery of DN:

I had just gotten out of school, and it was finally summer. I could laze around and not care about anything, but what could i do? I was into yugioh, but if my brothers weren't in the mood to duel, then i was out of luck. Then we discovered DN, a place where you could duel for free, using any cards you wanted. At first I was against the idea of joining, but after much persuading, I finally joined. After a while I made friends on DN, and one of them asked me if I wanted to join an academy, I said " sure why not, cant hurt right?" little did I know, that was the start of this chaos.....

On to academies:

I joined the academy (hey you might be familiar with the name) CDA, Crystal beast duel academy. I was tested and I promptly defeated him, heck it was an OTK. We only dueled once, not even a match, and my tester shoved me into magma red, the lowest of the low.... I didn't care much though, I was in and that was all that mattered. The next day I dueled someone from the academy and was ranked up to neos blue(the only one to my knowledge that ranked up with out a rank up test in the history of CDA). I invited Omega to join, and he did as well. Then one day everything started to fall..... Omega was banned and fights were starting to break out.... I hid... and stayed off of CDA for a long while.... I heard bits of information, Omega was now friends with someone called JJ Knight, I had no idea who he was... but Omega claimed he was good.

The coming of Dragonfire599:

About a month into summer Omega came up to me and asked me something.... He talked on about how this new academy SDA was kind of low on staff and needed a tester to pick up some of the slack.. I considered and agreed. Then I met him... the so called king of SDA, JJ knight himself tested me to see if I was worthy of being a tester. In the end I won.... but it was a close match, never in my life was I so sure i was going to be crushed only to find a chance at victory. With the testing done, I was invited to SDA as a tester and I was given moderator status, not admin though... I did not get the friendliest welcome from JJ either, I can still remember his words to me, " Dragonfire, If you slip up ONCE, your ass is mine!" Omega told me it was his sense of humor, I however, was not so sure...

A certain incident of an academy of the south:

The site was attacked, plain and simple, by who I don't know, and I still don't know. Blame was thrown at CDA, but I could not put any evidence against them... JJ was tired.... tired of all this anger directed at him for his good intentions. So he decided to leave and give up on academies... Omega, Yuki, and I all tried to get him to reconsider and finally he gave me a link.... I clicked on it and I was sent to Hero Break.... We reconstructed it, from scratch, this was Omega's second time doing this, while JJ had more experience then both of us. I was worried (since I was a tester) of the grading scale and questions that JJ had slaved over to make. Then i found it... by luck I had opened the grading scale folder before the hacking and the data was still intact, so we had the whole grading scale. after the site was completed JJ told us to not to tell the previous members of SDA of this site, they needed to contact him personally.... so I lied... I told everyone on SDA that I had no idea of where we were moving... if we were moving at all... but I did tell them to ask JJ himself.

Herobreak Duel Academy:

I changed my name, made sure that if an enemy came here they would not recognize my name. So now I was know as Galestream... I was still a tester... but I did not mind... as time went on, I came to enjoy the name Galestream more than Dragonfire, and I watched the academy grow and evolve, I noticed that a certain person got WAY more confident (not going to mention names, but dang he acts like a KID sometimes),but hey this place is for people to express themselves whether I like it or not. so I watch now, people making forums to rap, or someone trying to make a guild while threatening the staff that he will overtake us and obtain our power. Sometimes I stare at the screen and sigh, sometimes it is a sigh of depression and I wonder where all the time has gone, so much has happened in 3 months that I would never have thought would happen to someone like me.... but sometimes I sigh in contentment, and smile, cuz heck, this place is a fun place to be, and you can be yourself. So here is a message about me, how I got into all of this, and why I am still here, hope you enjoyed a look in to the past of the Tester

Galestream
Back to top Go down
mario782
Evil Hero
mario782

<b>DN Username</b> DN Username : mario782
<b>Duel Points</b> Duel Points : 900
<b>Posts</b> Posts : 29
<b>Location</b> Location : U.S.
No Warnings

Who are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who are you?   Who are you? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 11:36 pm

that was really deep man...and i'm glad you wrote this, because it answers a bunch of questions and puts many different pieces together which could have otherwise remain unsolved or unanswered...great story
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com

Who are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who are you?   Who are you? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 08, 2012 6:06 pm

Who am I.... I wish I knew....A kid I guess

Man did I suck in the beginning I just made random decks out of what I thought were cools card....they were cool but they sucked....after months of being on DN I got into my first tourney where I met my first friend mason he was a cool dude good duelist I was defeated easily so me and mason were good acquaintances so he decided to invite me to his academy Elite Duel Academy it was awesome my first academy I was ready I learned A lot of cool things and I began to become a better duelist so after months of being on EDA I met Jalice Knight he was a cool dude he actually helped me become a more better duelist and we were co-Dorm Leaders and from then I bounced from academy to academy and at each academy I grew stronger I was smarter on the moves I made and I made more friends who helped me but my best friend of all was JJ he and I followed him to every academy he went....but then it happened the day JJ left it was probably one of the worst days I've ever seen and I made a promise to myself that I would continue to get better I would not stop till I was better then anyone and I would beat all of my Rivals including that creep Geo and I will not stop because I will not stop dueling because I will feel like I would let down Jalice and I can not do that because Jalice has done alot for me and it would not be fair if I stopped for no reason. So yes I am a kid but I am a kid with a past,a present,and a future in dueling.
Back to top Go down

Who are you? Empty
PostSubject: Who KidSasuke is and a warning to Messengelato   Who are you? I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 10:59 pm

Sometimes I wonder what would happen if I never came to this academy and go back to my old job. Building decks and dueling random people for ratings. I would always get bored and wonderto my self "Was this all that I was ment to do? Just be here and do same thing everyday?" I would remember when I join "Yu-gi-Oh! Online" that I was in a guild. I went on Google and looked for teams, academy and guilds and see if I could join one. At the same time one of my friends that would act like a kid told me about his academy. He then invited me into the academy..but I had second thoughts, like "What if the whole thing that happened at Yu-gi-Oh! Online would happen...I didn't want to be hurt like that every again. I laterd join and met some people who were in the chat... they seemed very freindly. They all gave me a warm welcome to the academy and it made me feel good to have people who wanted me around *little did I know that would all change when they knew what I was really like...* I kept a low-profile and just didn't say much to attract attention to my self.

I was tested and kept my dueling strength a secret until I knew what everyone role at the academy was. I eneded up in "Ra Yellow" and went on being know as "A Average Player, KidSasuke". A few days later "South Duel Academy" was hacked by what I was led to belive, memembers of "Crystalbeast Duel Academy". JJ Knight then migrated us too our new academy "Herobreak Duel Academy!", at that momment I had already figured everyone role at the SDA and went in to become that one guy who wants to be the bad guy. I was tested by "GaleStream" and was entered into the top dorm, which was not a suprise to me seeing that I was trained by the two best dueliest ever "Arcanami" & "DemiFiend". Seeing that I had already done a huge accomplishment as being the first ever "Evil Hero"... I wanted...to be know by everyone at the academy....to be seen and in your mind your like "...OMG!! @_@... It's "KidItachi"..the top player at our academy". When I was a young I would always like to play viedo games that I could conquer and obtai all the glory in it. That feeling would evolve into a diffirent personality that would come out when ever I needed it too. I wanted to do the same thing I did with all the other games. I became a Moderator, a Top duelist, the boyfriend of the only female memember of the academy, the winner of the 1st HDA, the owner of the first ever guild in the academy, The only student besides that has rise up to being a "HDA Proffesor"and etc..

Back to top Go down

Who are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who are you?   Who are you? I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 7:47 am

I am, another guy trying to stand up.
I found yu-gi-oh pretty normally i guess, some kids played it in school, and it looked cool. I got my first pack, and it had such an amazing cards, it had harpie's brother, it was a badass, cool looking overpowered monster at that time. But noone was a real rival, i was searching for a challenge, then yu-gi-oh power of chaos came out, but it was a rip off. I stopped for a while, and the only time i had with my cards was when i went to sleep since they were in a table next to me. I tryed really hard to find a real online yu-gi-oh game for months, and i found Dueling Network, apparently, the leader stole some data from the most know online yu-gi-oh playing game (untill that moment), and that thief was black luster soldier. I started there, and i was watching yu-gi-oh GX at that time, so i loved jaden and hes decks, everytime he used a new card i added it, very soon i noticed something weird was going on with hes deck and the limit. Then i dueled some neos alius weird hero deck, at the moment it was really powerfull, so me and Jmeir (one of the first guys i saw there) made a pact, we were going to try our best with heroes, and make them really strong, he was going with contact, and i was going with evil heroes. That was the very first step to be stronger.
We hated overpowered cards such as solemn, or dark hole, or even masked hero acid, they were too strong and unfair, it wasnt fun to play everyone with the same bored deck using the same cards, but it was hard to be stronger without having such cards. I had time to spare, so i tried every deck i could (i havent finished yet) to understand it, and then find the way to beat it, altought not every deck had its engines and combos too hidden.
I got in to the original HeroBreak HQ, it was awesome. It had everything, and then, i needed a test, but the tester was busy, and then JJ came, the name color was weird so i asked him, he was the leader of the academy!, then he tested me, i couldnt belive that the leader himself was actually testing me, and he was using evil heroes just as me!. But i didnt had much time, i improved my evil heroes thanks to RFG techniques and synchro, but i wasnt really strong, and then one day i enter and everything was gone, it just crushed me, the one thing i had, it was gone...
I got really angry, and i went to deck build, i dont know where the cards came from, but suddenly i had made a completly powerfull evil hero deck, i added yubel.
Yubel is the one card that never failed me, and the more rage i had, the more stronger yubel became.
Then, one day JJ was online, after all that time, he never showed up, and now he had the guts to come back, i was really pissed off with him, i told him he let down a lot of people, some of the original HeroBreak HQ never wanted to duel again, so we had a duel, if i won, he would accept he let down all those people, and he would contact them, just to say sorry, but if he winned, he was going to build a new academy, and i was going to help him.
So there i was with my super powered evil heroes, he had a really close duel, that made him happy, and he said he wanted to duel again, not a re-match, but he wanted to start again. I didnt had time to help him, a lot of crap was going on for me, but when i finally did, he left, after all this time he gave up again, but it wasnt hes fault and i knew it, i couldnt ( geek random ass message geek ) blaim him for not wanting to resist some hacking idiots, so i felt like s**t, i dueled some random guy, just another guy with the same deck everyone uses in rated, and as usual he told me i sucked, and that i shouldnt mind using cards as solemn, since my cards sucked, and that i was another moron trying to make a difference where noone is watching, usualy that wouldnt bothered me, but this time it did, i left for a long while to clear my mind, but i had built a deck before, its called Dragon Heroes, i gave it to my friend, but i never had the chance to try it. after a while, i went back, and i found out he couldnt use the deck, that it didnt worked, since i left without notice, i told him we would have our last duel as it should.
I was using dragon heroes, and he was using hes upgraded deck of warrior banish synchro. I rocked him, then i felt like i had to spare a turn as i did sometimes, but no, not this time, this was the last duel, and i wasnt going to hold back, if he couldnt resist it, then maybe he wasnt such a good rival.
He won somehow, at a really close moment. then i understood how JJ felt, and yes, i decided i was back, but this time, with no limits. I was surpised Jmeir couldnt use the deck, but i guess its common sense, that deck represents every thing i learned, and everything i was, so it would be hard for anyone else to use it.
After that, heh, here i am, im back, and stronger than ever, ready for a new story.
Back to top Go down

Who are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who are you?   Who are you? I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 9:34 am

Well i think that my part is not complete so i decided to finish it, im not the duelist i am now without being the person i am, so heres the other part of my story.
Everything started when i was a kid (duh), i was in a religious school, but we had no restrictions or anything, we just had some bible reading instead of art or music. I always tried to be the best i could, but the other kids wherent as innocent as me, they were mean to that, noone liked someone who couldnt understand some mean prank for someone else, or envy, or greed or rage. I was told all my life that doing the best would bring me peace, but every time the others just did what they wanted, and i ended up taking responsability for it, as always. Everyday i went back crying from school, i didnt had one friend, someone who understod me. That way i passed the whole primary school (or whatever you call the first student period). I got into highschool, but things didnt changed a lot, i applyed more to god, and to try to be good, but it seemed the harder i tryed the worst it get. I cutted myself, almost everyday, for people that judged first, people that didnt belived me when i was telling the truth, people that lyied when everyone knows the truth, i dont know how im alive after the many attempts of suicide i did. I got into writing, it was such a perfect way to let myself free, and noone would judge me there. I found a friend who was like me, but he never got judged, boy it was a huge difference, he was happier, optimist, he didnt had a bad vision of the world, but most importantly, he belived in love (Any kind of love, not just cupid style, not even my mother cared for me). After some time, i decided blind faith wasnt the answer, but neither corrupting myself, i decided i would take what i consider the best choice, and not the choice tha grants me the most. Whats the difference is what many wonder, but if you cant understand it with all ive said, you cant understand me, or what happened to me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Who are you? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who are you?   Who are you? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who are you?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Courtyard :: Off Topic-