Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 241 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:35 am
Latest topics
» hi hi hi hi hi
Deck Creation Basics I_icon_minitimeby Kupo Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:11 pm

» Death's Dorm
Deck Creation Basics I_icon_minitimeby !Death! Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:44 pm

» Creepy Deck Shop OF AWESUMENESS LOLS
Deck Creation Basics I_icon_minitimeby !Death! Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:46 pm

» Dorm Leader
Deck Creation Basics I_icon_minitimeby !Death! Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:20 am

» !Death!'s test results
Deck Creation Basics I_icon_minitimeby Omega Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:57 am

» Madness's test results
Deck Creation Basics I_icon_minitimeby Omega Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:04 am

» New member.
Deck Creation Basics I_icon_minitimeby !Death! Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:20 am

Deck Creation Basics

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
cheesfactory
Chaos Hero
cheesfactory

<b>DN Username</b> DN Username : cheesfactory
<b>Duel Points</b> Duel Points : 1450
<b>Posts</b> Posts : 220
<b>Age</b> Age : 27
<b>Location</b> Location : California
<b>Join date</b> Join date : 2012-07-30
No Warnings

Deck Creation Basics Empty
PostSubject: Deck Creation Basics   Deck Creation Basics I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 5:02 pm

Hey guys im back again... today... xD I won't be on this weekend so im trying to cram more in today to make up for it.

So what goes into a good deck? What is a good deck? what are some basics to look at in building a deck?

Essentially, a good deck is any deck that is consistently good. A consistent deck is a deck that is reliably strong. To make a deck reliable you need monsters you can count on being able summon. Draw power. And some combo blocking. A good mix of spells, traps, and monster is having about 20 monsters, between 7 and 13 spells, and between 7 and 13 traps. This needs to make up a 40 cards deck. Until you are more experienced in deck building, always make a 40 card deck. Once you are more experienced, you can guess at whether or not you want that extra card or 2.

So for the monsters what are you looking for you want to have ~13 monsters you can summon whenever you need to. this could by cyber dragons, lv4's, whichever. Just something you can consistently get out to use for synchro or beatdown or xyz or whichever. Then you want at most 6-7 monsters that are big beaters for the combos to finish the game off. If you can fit it, Maxx "C", and Effect Veiler are good cards to have in the deck. They are more like traps in that you use them to stop combos.

Spells. You want between 7 and 13 spells. If possible, include Search cards such as reinforcement of the army so that you can rely more on getting the monsters you need. Draw power is also very important. a 2 cards for 2 draws such as trade in or allure is very good. Also cards like Pot of Duality are very useful as they can correct hands well. Backrow destruction is also good to have, Cards like MST, Night Beam, Heavy Storm, and Nobleman of Extermination can help with that. The easiest thing to do is just main heavy and 3 mst. Key spells any deck wants also include Dark Hole, Monster Reborn, and potentially Book of Moon. All are good spells that will be useful is any situation.

Traps. Between 7 and 13 traps. Traps are primarily to stop opposing summons, destroy their attackers, or negate their cards. Solemn Judgment, Solemn Warning, Torrential Tribute, Bottomless Trap hole, Dimensional Prison, and Mirror Force are the most common cards for this. dark bribe and starlight road are also good for safety or negation. You want these so that you can stop your opponents combos. If your whole deck is in your own combos then what will you do if your opponent negates yours and you have nothing you can do to theirs?

With all these in mind, try to have a good mix of each to make a consistent 40 card deck. Often this is the easiest core to have for winning a large %.

You may note that i did not mention the side deck, or the extra deck. I will go into detail for these later on in their own section.
Back to top Go down

Deck Creation Basics

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1