Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 3 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 241 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:35 am
Latest topics
» hi hi hi hi hi
A Guide to Deck Construction. I_icon_minitimeby Kupo Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:11 pm

» Death's Dorm
A Guide to Deck Construction. I_icon_minitimeby !Death! Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:44 pm

» Creepy Deck Shop OF AWESUMENESS LOLS
A Guide to Deck Construction. I_icon_minitimeby !Death! Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:46 pm

» Dorm Leader
A Guide to Deck Construction. I_icon_minitimeby !Death! Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:20 am

» !Death!'s test results
A Guide to Deck Construction. I_icon_minitimeby Omega Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:57 am

» Madness's test results
A Guide to Deck Construction. I_icon_minitimeby Omega Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:04 am

» New member.
A Guide to Deck Construction. I_icon_minitimeby !Death! Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:20 am

A Guide to Deck Construction.

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

is this was helpful ?
yes
A Guide to Deck Construction. I_vote_lcap100%A Guide to Deck Construction. I_vote_rcap
 100% [ 3 ]
no
A Guide to Deck Construction. I_vote_lcap0%A Guide to Deck Construction. I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

AuthorMessage
mouzou
Evil Hero
mouzou

<b>DevPro Username</b> DevPro Username : mouzou
<b>DN Username</b> DN Username : mouzou
<b>Duel Points</b> Duel Points : 380
<b>Posts</b> Posts : 401
<b>Age</b> Age : 26
<b>Join date</b> Join date : 2012-10-06
No Warnings

A Guide to Deck Construction. Empty
PostSubject: A Guide to Deck Construction.   A Guide to Deck Construction. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 3:46 am

Many of you may question why I am posting such a topic, well the answer is simple every time I go on dueling network or on the forum I get many questions about constructing a deck and how to do it, many even just want a deck they have seen me use that ended up in a very powerful field.

The main problem with getting a deck from somebody else and "netdecking" it is that you will never be able to use the deck as efficiently as what they can. This is due to the fact that they have incorporated their "style" and preferences into the deck, which allows them to work with the deck even better than what anybody else can, this is because they have made the deck as an extension of themselves.

Enough on the reasons not to "netdeck" as I could go on forever.
I am going to provide the steps I follow when making any deck on DN and will hopefully give you a better idea on how to make a deck from scratch.

Step 1: Determining what deck you wish to make.

Before you can even think of building a deck you need to determine what sort of deck you want and then whether you are going to make it a variant of the deck or make it pure. This people think is common knowledge but many a time I have had someone send me a pm asking for a deck and then when I ask what deck they want they say they don't know. This is a very important part of the process of deck making. If you are unsure of what deck you want you can always go research the archetypes and get a few ideas you can choose maybe 3 archetypes that appeal to you.

Link to research Archetypes

Step 2: Research.

Once you have a basic idea of what deck you want to build you need to research each of the decks find: Their play styles, Their recommended cards to use, Their basic builds, and all the details of each deck needed to play it. This will give you a basic idea on where you are heading with the decks and how you should build them and play with them. You will need to use Yu-Gi-Oh! - Wikia and Pojo

Step 3: Basic tests.

Once you have got the research and basic builds you can then start running tests on the decks you have chosen to run. From here you just use the information you have got to start making the basic builds just so that you can run tests with them. With this part you don't need to worry about making the deck to unique yet this is just the basic build of the decks so you get an idea.

Step 3: Narrowing down.

Now that you have tested the deck/s you wanted to use you should have a full idea on which deck you definitely want to use. Now you should go back and try find out more about the deck you want, try find out if there are any loops you can make with the deck leading to a finisher, try find out if there is any information you missed.
Find as much information on the deck as you can.

Step 4: Engine.

Now that you have found all the information you can now decide what "engine" you want to use in the deck. This is a personal preference as to which "engine" you work best with and it will determine how you either: thin your deck, build up a defense, or else even draw more from your deck than usual. It is vital you choose the right "engine" for the deck you are making.

Step 5: Making the extension.

Remember how I said that the deck is an extension of the duelist? Well now is where you form that "extension" this is the step where the final deck comes together. This is the part where you now add in whatever you find useful and where you try to make the deck more unique to yourself. This is a part I can not guide you through this part you will know by the way you play.

Those are the steps of deck construction. the most important thing to remember is that you need to CONTINUE WORKING ON IMPROVING THE DECK

I hope this article has helped you identify how to construct your deck

Last edited by mouzou on Wed Nov 07, 2012 3:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to Deck Construction.   A Guide to Deck Construction. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 2:34 pm

Now THIS is a good guide. I'm sure it will be helpful to many. Thank you for giving this to our community.
Back to top Go down
mouzou
Evil Hero
mouzou

<b>DevPro Username</b> DevPro Username : mouzou
<b>DN Username</b> DN Username : mouzou
<b>Duel Points</b> Duel Points : 380
<b>Posts</b> Posts : 401
<b>Age</b> Age : 26
<b>Join date</b> Join date : 2012-10-06
No Warnings

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to Deck Construction.   A Guide to Deck Construction. I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 07, 2012 2:37 pm

np i hope other think the same ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Guide to Deck Construction.   A Guide to Deck Construction. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Guide to Deck Construction.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1