Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

Most users ever online was 241 on Sun Apr 11, 2021 7:35 am
Latest topics
» hi hi hi hi hi
The Quest For The Perfect Deck I_icon_minitimeby Kupo Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:11 pm

» Death's Dorm
The Quest For The Perfect Deck I_icon_minitimeby !Death! Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:44 pm

» Creepy Deck Shop OF AWESUMENESS LOLS
The Quest For The Perfect Deck I_icon_minitimeby !Death! Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:46 pm

» Dorm Leader
The Quest For The Perfect Deck I_icon_minitimeby !Death! Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:20 am

» !Death!'s test results
The Quest For The Perfect Deck I_icon_minitimeby Omega Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:57 am

» Madness's test results
The Quest For The Perfect Deck I_icon_minitimeby Omega Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:04 am

» New member.
The Quest For The Perfect Deck I_icon_minitimeby !Death! Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:20 am

The Quest For The Perfect Deck

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The Quest For The Perfect Deck Empty
PostSubject: The Quest For The Perfect Deck   The Quest For The Perfect Deck I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 5:33 pm

This is the Quest for the Perfect Deck. Some say it is impossible. Before you agree with them you must ask yourself, does being perfect mean the deck never loses, or that it is perfect for the duelist that uses it?

If you answered with the second option, then I invite you to join me in my quest!
If you answered with the first option, well why are you still reading?

Anyways I just recently started this quest. I am looking for a deck that is perfect for me. Now I am only one person, with only one mind! So if you have any ideas on decks that might be my perfect deck, please let me know your suggestions.

If you would like to join me in my quest check around for deck ideas, deck types, anything that will inspire you to make different decks. A perfect deck for each duelist exists, now its our responsibility to find it. Are YOU up to the challenge?
Back to top Go down
Half-Bleed|Yubel

Half-Bleed|Yubel

<b>DN Username</b> DN Username : CallMeShameless
<b>Duel Points</b> Duel Points : 240
<b>Posts</b> Posts : 39
<b>Join date</b> Join date : 2012-12-08
No Warnings

PostSubject: Re: The Quest For The Perfect Deck   The Quest For The Perfect Deck I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 6:12 pm

I've always had this strange fascination for LockDown Decks (be it SpellCaster's Village, Naturia LockDown, Dark Sigmorgh, etc etc etc), but I also love decks that have the ability to spam and swarm and control the monster end of the field.

So far, the only thing that I could think of is my PsyTuria LockDown (Psychic Naturia), but it's still in the testing stages. I'd post a decklist, but I don't think that this is what this thread is asking for....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Quest For The Perfect Deck   The Quest For The Perfect Deck I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 6:48 pm

Its actually not a bad deck either. Deffinitely an idea i should try out in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Half-Bleed|Yubel

Half-Bleed|Yubel

No Warnings

PostSubject: Re: The Quest For The Perfect Deck   The Quest For The Perfect Deck I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 8:20 pm

It's not half bad, with the right hand (so far the only dead draws I can find is drawing no monsters at all, or only drawing tuners). But it needs to be a tad more consistent to my style.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Quest For The Perfect Deck   The Quest For The Perfect Deck I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 8:31 pm

i like swarming like samurai swarming and karakuri classic swarming i also like the destructive force of the BUGZ ^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Quest For The Perfect Deck   The Quest For The Perfect Deck I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 8:45 pm

Eh those dont show much skill at all. I like to show skill so karakuri and six sams arent for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Quest For The Perfect Deck   The Quest For The Perfect Deck I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 9:08 pm

lol
um maybe six sam doesnt but a pure karakuri deck not the stupid mix but pure karakuri does need skill
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Quest For The Perfect Deck   The Quest For The Perfect Deck I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 9:28 pm

Only if you aren't experienced, combos are easy, and setup is too
Back to top Go down
Half-Bleed|Yubel

Half-Bleed|Yubel

No Warnings

PostSubject: Re: The Quest For The Perfect Deck   The Quest For The Perfect Deck I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 9:39 pm

Six Sams (especially the Shi-En Rush) takes no skill at all. It's fairly automatic and horribly easy to understand.

Karakuris (even the strict-Karakuri build) is really only a combination of 9-12 monster cards (excluding the extra deck) that is also fairly easy to learn, understand, and use. Not as automatic as Six Sams (or as "skill-less") but its certainly not a "skilled duelist only" deck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Quest For The Perfect Deck   The Quest For The Perfect Deck I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 10:22 pm

i think you would like to try a combo of darkworld-infernities. extremely difficult to pull off, but if you build it just right, it becomes infallible, but still fun to use.
Back to top Go down
Half-Bleed|Yubel

Half-Bleed|Yubel

No Warnings

PostSubject: Re: The Quest For The Perfect Deck   The Quest For The Perfect Deck I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 08, 2012 10:34 pm

Vaktaeru wrote:
i think you would like to try a combo of darkworld-infernities. extremely difficult to pull off, but if you build it just right, it becomes infallible, but still fun to use.

I have a Fabled/Infernity deck that I've been working on for a while. Ran out of room to make it chaos, though.
Back to top Go down
FutureOracle
Destiny Hero
FutureOracle

<b>DevPro Username</b> DevPro Username : FutureOracle
<b>DN Username</b> DN Username : FutureOracle
<b>Duel Points</b> Duel Points : 300
<b>Posts</b> Posts : 55
<b>Location</b> Location : Somewhere on the West Coast :D
<b>Join date</b> Join date : 2012-11-03
No Warnings

PostSubject: Re: The Quest For The Perfect Deck   The Quest For The Perfect Deck I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 12:26 am

Perfect deck for me? I'm not going to put specifics, but you gotta have...
ALL THE ANSWERS!
#facerolltwialldayeveryday
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Quest For The Perfect Deck   The Quest For The Perfect Deck I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 2:34 am

DW anything doesnt interest me...
This quest isn't turning out how it was supposed to lol
Back to top Go down
mouzou
Evil Hero
mouzou

<b>DevPro Username</b> DevPro Username : mouzou
<b>DN Username</b> DN Username : mouzou
<b>Duel Points</b> Duel Points : 380
<b>Posts</b> Posts : 401
<b>Age</b> Age : 26
<b>Join date</b> Join date : 2012-10-06
No Warnings

PostSubject: Re: The Quest For The Perfect Deck   The Quest For The Perfect Deck I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 2:52 am

in my deck shop i get an idea of gemini spellcaster , was a little annoying to do but finish when i use the deck it was really fun to use ^^
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Quest For The Perfect Deck   The Quest For The Perfect Deck I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 1:18 pm

You couldve just mentioned the deck and not the shop. I wonder if anyone actually understands the post xD
Back to top Go down
Half-Bleed|Yubel

Half-Bleed|Yubel

No Warnings

PostSubject: Re: The Quest For The Perfect Deck   The Quest For The Perfect Deck I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 1:26 pm

It's just him advertising, Zart.
Back to top Go down
Kupo
Moderators
Kupo

<b>Duel Points</b> Duel Points : 0
<b>Posts</b> Posts : 184
<b>Join date</b> Join date : 2012-10-18
No Warnings

PostSubject: Re: The Quest For The Perfect Deck   The Quest For The Perfect Deck I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 1:38 pm

amazoness anyone?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Quest For The Perfect Deck   The Quest For The Perfect Deck I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 2:48 pm

honestly the perfect deck isnt in anyone elses opinion... YOU yourself need to ask these questions:

Do i like swarm, control, or aggro decks?

Do i have an idea of a deck id like to use?

do i wish to use a commonly played deck or something on my own?

dont say i want to use a deck thats skill. thats straight bull shit six sams takes skill too. the deck isnt totally autoplay ive been playing them for years and theyre still pretty skill based depending what your hand is and how you play it out.

my playstyles are both swarm and control. i use Elemental Heros for control and ovbiously Six sams to swarm as well as wind ups.

now zart this should help you find the perfect deck
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Quest For The Perfect Deck   The Quest For The Perfect Deck I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 5:49 pm

Shenron you might have a teacher status here, but trust me, I know what I'm doing.
I already asked myself those questions. And I know exactly how to use six-sams, just like wind-ups. Its auto-pilot if you are a skilled duelist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Quest For The Perfect Deck   The Quest For The Perfect Deck I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 10:13 pm

Madolche is and allways will be my favorite deck =3 Its just friggin awesome to beat someone with candy that I allways find myself drawn back to making the deck better so it can take on the evil powers of meta XD
Back to top Go down
TeddKinJr
Elemental Hero
TeddKinJr

<b>DN Username</b> DN Username : TedkinJr
<b>Duel Points</b> Duel Points : 180
<b>Posts</b> Posts : 35
<b>Age</b> Age : 35
<b>Join date</b> Join date : 2012-12-03
No Warnings

PostSubject: Re: The Quest For The Perfect Deck   The Quest For The Perfect Deck I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 10:27 pm

Mix it with spellbooks deadly combo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Quest For The Perfect Deck   The Quest For The Perfect Deck I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 1:36 am

I use prophecy lol
But the madolche, and madolche spellbooks sound cool
Back to top Go down
mouzou
Evil Hero
mouzou

<b>DevPro Username</b> DevPro Username : mouzou
<b>DN Username</b> DN Username : mouzou
<b>Duel Points</b> Duel Points : 380
<b>Posts</b> Posts : 401
<b>Age</b> Age : 26
<b>Join date</b> Join date : 2012-10-06
No Warnings

PostSubject: Re: The Quest For The Perfect Deck   The Quest For The Perfect Deck I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 7:00 am

sound cool cant wait to see it ^^

zart maybe after you make the deck post it in here so we all help in making it better
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Quest For The Perfect Deck   The Quest For The Perfect Deck I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 1:51 pm

Mouzou i think i can manage a deck without you, i do have over 110 decks
Back to top Go down
FutureOracle
Destiny Hero
FutureOracle

<b>DevPro Username</b> DevPro Username : FutureOracle
<b>DN Username</b> DN Username : FutureOracle
<b>Duel Points</b> Duel Points : 300
<b>Posts</b> Posts : 55
<b>Location</b> Location : Somewhere on the West Coast :D
<b>Join date</b> Join date : 2012-11-03
No Warnings

PostSubject: Re: The Quest For The Perfect Deck   The Quest For The Perfect Deck I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 2:20 pm

Autopilot, autopilot, autopilot. Because duels are one player.
The only autopilot I can ever see is a solitaire deck like Magical Explosion FTK, Exodia, and any other that doesn't care what your opponent plays.
If you're arguing that Six Samurai is autopilot, then you're viewing the deck as in "you know all the combos and your good to go".
The game isn't one person. You aren't just going - Gate, Kageki, Kagemusha, Kizan, Kizan, Kizan, Kizan, Kizan, and so on so forth. If you like autopilot go grab an FTK. If you run Six Sams like it is autopilot, you're going to hit a warning/torrential/judgment/compulse and you're going to be sitting there chewing your hand off.
"Just summon Rabbit and go for Laggia." And what? You're opponent is just going to let you do that? Why would they "let you" do anything. If your opponent has no answers then fine, it's autopilot from there. But isn't that every deck if you want to put it that way? You always have a win condition that you're going to follow, an optimal condition. Sure you could poke to death but is that a deviation from autopilot according to your own definition of playing solitaire? No, because your opponent isn't responding to the poke.

tl;dr There are two people in a duel. There is always a chance of response. Don't give me that bullshit that combos make a deck autopilot because every deck has a certain optimal combo the deck is built on (disregarding anti-meta). Response/timing/anything else, anything that has interaction with the opponent, is going to require skill. Exodia game 2 still has to think of what the opponent is going to play.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Quest For The Perfect Deck   The Quest For The Perfect Deck I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Quest For The Perfect Deck

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next